GEMCO design and manufacture pre-fabricated steel workshop pits to exacting standards for both service and test lane (VOSA ATF specification) applications. The manufacturing process is carried out at our Mansfield manufacturing plant and each pit undergoes stringent quality checks and is certified before delivery. Because we are a manufacturer, we have the ability to be flexible and to produce a pit to your exact specifications and requirements. In addition, we can incorporate installation frames for our ATF test equipment (brake testers and shaker plates/play detectors) at the factory which means the installation of your pit is perfect!
Our design team have the knowledge and tools to design a solution which is fit for purpose.
Load bearing calculations and site conditions are always taken into account ensuring the product you are supplied is to exacting standards.
All of our pits are as standard fitted with low voltage, long-life (10 year guarantee) LED lighting kits and jacking beam rails.
We offer a complete, comprehensive service which means that we design, manufacture, deliver and install. Furthermore, with our own team of civil engineers we can also carry out the necessary civil works on site ready for delivery of your new pit. Of course, where you are using your own contractor full technical civil layouts and drawings are supplied at no extra cost.
Once your pit is in the ground, we are able to offer a range of superior floor finishing services such as tiling and floor painting with painted hazard/compulsory floor markings.
SLIDING PIT COVER SAFETY SYSTEM FOR ALL TYPES OF PITS
- Reduces the risk of accidents and falls
- A simple way to increase floor space in your workshop
- Custom made for new and existing installations
STEEL PIT DESIGN
GEMCO pit covers are what makes service and ATF pits safe working areas. The pit covers are available as either manual or pneumatic (air) operated. After a site survey we would then advise whether the safety cover could be fitted quickly and easily without any additional ground works. Installation takes less than a day if no building works are required. What is more is that our covers are available for new or existing pits!
- Load bearing staves (1500kg/m2 CERTIFIED) are produced with extruded aluminum which is anodised ensuring quality and durability
- Steel mesh chains and bearings operate movement of the cover system
- Available as one single piece or tandem installation
- Functions are carried out on the control box on air operated models
- This system is afforbable, easy to use and manufactured with high quality materials
- Increase your floor space, whilst improving safety
- The air operated version does not use electricity and is therefore suitable for Petroleum Regulation workshops (PET REGS)
- Separate pit bridges are also available and are of the same construction to the safety covers
1500kg/m2 Maximum Load
1300mm Maximum Width
600mm Minimum Width
18m Maximum Length (single version)
30m Maximum Length (tandem version)